Sunday 19 August 2018

In Memory of Peter Webb (Webmoor) God Speed our Captain

On Friday 17th August 2018 12:21pm Crusty Pete bought sad news to the LSE bulletin board under the title of “Webmoor: Friend and Aminexer

"I am sorry to say that I have a very painful and upsetting duty to perform today and one that I am finding it truly difficult to to do justice to....

Webmoor's (Peter Webb) wife Joyce contacted me a little while ago to tell me that our great friend and long term Aminex shareholder, very sadly, passed away yesterday. She also asked that I notify his friends on the Board.

I know that he had been really suffering of late and whilst, as Joyce said, "life will never be the same again" he is now at peace and no longer in pain.

I will very much miss him; for his sage like wisdom during our conversations on life, investing and Aminex, and for his combative, insightful comments on the BB."

The following tributes made on the board come from readers and posters on that board and pay tribute to Peter who was a well-respected poster.  This blog post is being made to serve in memory of how well he was regarded


randomaxe

"I tend to lurk more than comment on here but he always seemed to speak sense and came across as a great person. RIP."

dunderhead

“I didn't 'know' the chap but the last few posts I read from him reflected a great fighter and very brave person. May he rest in peace now.”

TarryBreeks

“I am deeply saddened to hear about Webmoor; he was a huge personality here on these boards. The archetypal captain: at times cantankerous and at times jolly he held no prisoners and shot from the hip with a fantastic sense of humour. He will be sorely missed :(“

Cperkin

“A very sad day indeed and a man that will be very much missed not only of course by his family but the Aminex bb family as well, he will be greatly missed here.  Thoughts to Webmoors family and to all that knew him.”

P0werplay

“Sad to hear the news. A man held in the highest regard with his wonderful sense of humour. Will be greatly missed here. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends”

Kenrun

“Webmoor will be very sadly missed on this board for his larger than life explosive and friendly personality which exposed his true and honest nature for which I very much admired him, may he rest in peace.”

Feelinlucky

“Sorry to hear he's gone to the great beyond but it will be on a first class ticket for a first class man. He will be greatly missed.”

Drewky

“Captain Fearless! Said it how he saw it! Fighter, Warrrior, Man of the World. He will be missed. Bless him and all those he's leaving behind as he sails out to continents new.  Fair winds and fallowing seas. God's Speed our Captain.”

Gaslady

“I’m so sad and upset to hear about Webmoor I will miss him greatly as all on this board will RIP”

Rxdav

“I never met him but read many a comment of his on the BB - his views and opinions were clearly respected, and he was without doubt a greatly admired individual. RIP”

Apache66

“Farewell Capt. You fought to the last.”

IrishJohnny

“My condolences to Webmoor's family.”

Kev4

“Terribly sad to read Pete's post on LSE regarding the passing of LSE poster Webmoor (Peter Webb). He was very funny and very insightful, and a fierceful debater. He was so straightforward and bluntly honest that he was bewildered and often irritated by some of the dishonesty he read on bbs.  Webmoor was a thoughtful and decent man who was very kind to me when my brother (now deceased 6 months) was also afflicted with the world's greatest bastard - cancer.  I hope Webmoor rests in peace and, as he often joked, his bloody relatives get something out of Aminex!  Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h'anam (may his soul be on the right side of God).”

HonestTom

“That is very sad to hear about Webmoor losing his battle, valiant till the end! He would joke about not seeing the fruits of his Aminex investment, such a shame. Nice to see so much respect here for someone most of us never met, perhaps we can all take a moment to reflect on that. RIP.”

Irishmouse

Last summer while attending a wedding in France I arranged to meet up with Webmoor, he suggested we meet up in an Irish pub not far from where he and Joyce lived on their boat. At around 7pm I walked into the bar and met the man I had had many a battle with on this board. He was tall, large with a brushy beard and wearing a Banda. The minute he greeted me I liked him, he was that type of man. He had just started his treatment but looked well and was in good sprit.  As the night went on we spoke at length about Aminex, he had so much faith in the company and loved partaking on this board. Our wedding party was made up with 20 people and he spoke to all of them, he really is the life and sole of the party. At the end of the night we shook hands and promised to keep in touch and Joyce drove him home due to the amount of Guinness he had consumed. We kept in touch by email, he used the subject title Still alive up until the last mail he sent me.  I am so glad we met up and I believe this board was richer for his posting. His best post ever in my view was when he told an annoying poster to go boil his head, for which he got a 3 day ban posting from LSE. Good night Peter, rest in peace.”

Sambo12

“Really sad news logging on to read this. Webmoor's fighting spirit was an inspiration! Rest in peace fellow Aminexer. You are missed.”

Meadow

“Sorry to hear about Webmoor, my deepest condolences to Webmoor's family.”

Smudger63

“Thoughts are with Webmoor’s family and friends. Safe trip Captain.”

SirRobertesq

“He was a gentleman from my readings on his posts. A very witty man. May he rest in peace.”

Benjdroid

“Peter may you journey well, and my sympathy to his friends and family, he came across as others have said, a gentleman and a good man.”

Lo643898

“Webmoor 船長,非常痛心難過😫聽到你離開你的朋友和親人,他們會記住你的,一路好走。

NorthernMagic

“He was very courageous and had a great sense of humour too. I'll miss him.

Thoughts and prayers to his Family.”

Jackpack

“I HAVE KNOWN WEBMOOR (PETER) SINCE HE ARRIVED AT GRUISSAN WITH IS BOAT SPICEY MAIDEN OVER 11 YEARS AGO. WE BOTH TOOK AN INTEREST IN AMINEX AROUND THE SAME TIME AND WOULD OFTEN SIT ON THE BACK OF IS BOAT DISCUSSING AMINEX. HE HAD AVERY GOOD WAY OF GETTING IS POINT ACROSS ON THE BOARD AND HIS POSTS REFLECT JUST HOW MUCH HE ENJOYED THE BOARD OVER THE YEARS. AS JOYCE SAYS HE HIS AT PEACE NOW AND ON THE HIGH SEAS SKIPPERING BIG YACHTS JOINING FRIENDS - AND PROBABLY KEEPING A WATCHFUL EYE ON AMINEX”

Irishnovice

“A Great man of the Seas that kept us all so very much Grounded ...RIP Webmoor”

Ivorgasleak

“I am absolutely gutted to hear the sad news.

We all knew Webmoor would have been fighting the biggest battle of his life, and all quietly hoped he would win.  But sadly, it was not to be.  It has been a pleasure reading his posts over the last few years, and I will miss him, even though I was never lucky enough to meet him. The Aminex board has just had the shine taken away from it. If anyone has a problem with my post, then you can "go and boil your head!" RIP Webmoor, and my condolences to your family, whom I hope will look in on the board today and see how much you will be missed.”

Boaty-mcboatface

“A regular reader on this board, and holder, but until now not a commentator, I just wanted to say how sad I was at this news. Webmoor for me has always been a voice of reason on this board, and I have missed him since he left to fight his fight. As a fellow “yottie” I wish him fair winds and following seas wherever he has gone, and sincere condolences to the ones he has left behind.”

Lastthrow

“I feel so sad for his family and the many friends whom will have known him both in person and here on this board.  I instinctively thought of Webmoor as a real man of the world - and sea - certainly not to be messed with, in the nicest possible way. And, what a way with words he had!  Good thoughts go with him - bon voyage old shipmate!”

JapaneseJohn

“I am an Aminex holder and a reader of posts for the past few years. I have never commented on board posts, but on this occasion I would like to express my condolences to the family of Webmoor. His knowledge and insight will be sadly missed.”

Robina67

“I'm a long term Aminexeer, don't post very often, but would like to add my respect and condolences to his family. A very brave man.”

Fraine

“Very sad news. Webmoor was always a most interesting, knowledgeable and straightforward poster. My sincere condolences to his family.”

Hallowed

“Very sad news. Webmoor was always a most interesting, knowledgeable and straightforward poster. My sincere condolences to his family.”

Apbristow

“Very sad to hear news of Webmoor's 'crossing the bar'. Throughout the period I have been reading this BB he struck me as one of the more sensible and erudite contributors. My condolences to family and friends.”

MickMcG53

“So very sad to hear the news, RIP”